|Sweet Potatoes and Collard Greens over CousCous|
I am always trying to figure out fast, easy, and healthy recipes. This one is great, so I thought that I would share it. Sweet Potatoes, collard greens, and red onions work really well together. You can substitute any green, such as kale or spinach. Eat this alone, or with a grain of your choice. This time, I made it with couscous.
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch of greens
- 1 red onion
- 2-3 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 11/2 cups of water or broth
- Add your water or broth to a small sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
- Pour the couscous into the boiling liquid.
- Turn down to low, cover and let simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, and cut into cubes. Wash and tear the greens into 1 - 2 inch pieces. Chop up the onion.
- Heat the oil up in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and onions. Cover and let them cook for a few minutes, then turn them and cook about a min longer.
- Add your greens!
- Cover and cook until they start to wilt.
- Turn everything again, and cook a bit longer with the cover off.
Depending on how much time I have, I will add different herbs and spices. This is very versatile, low sodium, and vegan. Let me know how it works out for you. What different variations can you think to try?